- Plans and facilitates a variety of camp activities onsite and on surrounding parkland
- Assists the professional artist with facilitating instruction, and studio set-up and clean-up
- Performs administrative tasks (i.e. monitors attendance and evaluates programs)
- Assists in providing direction to camp volunteers
- Interacts positively with campers, parents, members, non-members and visitors
- Performs responsibilities and duties in accordance with the NPCC Code of Conduct
- Participates in an orientation session
- Secondary or post-secondary student
- Education in the arts, recreation or early childhood education an asset
- Experience leading in children’s and/or camp environments
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong activity planning skills
- Emergency First Aid certification
Job type: Part time Evenings & Weekends (approx. 15-20 hrs per week)
Start date: ASAP
Hourly wage rate: TBD
Positions available: 1
Date Posted: October 27, 2017
Closing Date: November 27, 2017 9:00am
Neilson Park Creative Centre (NPCC) is a not-for-profit community Centre whose purpose is to promote the advancement, appreciation and study of the arts in Etobicoke. Since 1992, the Centre has provided accessible gallery and studio spaces for its resident groups, members and non-members. NPCC serves to engage local residents into the creative community through classes, exhibitions and other art focused activities.
CUSTOMER SERVICE, SUPERVISOR
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Open and Close the Centre.
- Provide excellent front-line Customer Service, including processing registrations and sales; functioning as primary contact for managing and resolving customer queries.
- Stay abreast of activities at the Centre and in the local arts community.
- Recruit, supervise and train CSRs.
- Develop and execute training plan for CSRs.
- Prepare monthly schedules and assign work to CSRs.
- Ensure facility is maintained in accordance with all NPCC policies.
- Maintain facility and equipment in good working condition and ensure it is secured and appealing for all staff, visitors and residents.
- Perform general repairs and maintenance such as painting, patching walls, security hardware, hanging shelves, landscaping, and garbage.
- Determine supplies to be used within the facility, maintain inventory.
- Coordinate set up and take down of layout of studios, galleries and atrium as required.
- Ensure storage areas are neatly organized, clean and safe.
- Participate in coordination of projects (e.g. renovations) as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Enthusiasm for the arts. Two years of experience in a customer service, or studio environment preferred. Exceptional customer service abilities to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with fellow employees, members, public and contractors. Strong customer focus and the desire to provide a high level of service. Previous cash handling experience. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills along with the ability to work both independently and as an effective team leader. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, proactive, and enjoys the challenge of troubleshooting and correcting issues. Previous experience supervising employees, including directing work, evaluating performance and coaching for improvement. Excellent at motivating and managing a team. Firm understanding of performance management. Proven experience with facility operations and routine maintenance. Proven Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
Candidate must be computer literate and familiar with a Windows 10 environment and have experience in the following programs: MS Word, Excel, Outlook & internet browser (i.e. Chrome) and familiar with database software.
Physical Requirements: Room setup will require lifting and/or pushing up to 18kg on occasion.
How to Apply:
If you have questions or would like further information please contact Simone Sicard Operations Manager at info@neilsonparkcreativecentre. NO PHONE CALLS or INPERSON INQURIES please.