Etobicoke Art Group
EAG artist Barbara Kendrick at the press. Photo by John Mark.
About the Etobicoke Art Group
One of six visual arts groups that make NPCC their home, The Etobicoke Art Group was established in 1951 and continues as a vital group of practicing artists today.
All of the activities of the group are run by volunteer members who enjoy classes, workshops, lectures, and exhibitions organized for their mutual benefit.
EAG classes focus on studio opportunities to improve skills in portraiture, life drawing and painting, painting in oils or acrylics, printmaking and on workshops to expand our repertoire in subjects such as encaustic and colour.
Our programs are held in Studio B, a bright and cheery studio that provides space for up to fifteen members to work together and share ideas. Studio B is equipped with tables, chairs, easels, drawing horses, both large and small printing presses, slot-hood and overhead ventilation, and a variety of still-life materials.
In addition to all the benefits of NPCC membership, an EAG member is entitled to:
- register in a class, workshop, open studio, demonstration, or critique upon payment of the fee
- free admission to EAG art lectures, featuring well-known artists who demonstrate, lecture, show slides or films
- submit works of art, upon payment of the entry fee, for the juror’s selection in the Annual Juried Exhibition held at Etobicoke Civic Centre Art Gallery (applicable only for memberships paid before March 31st annually )
- submit works of art, upon payment of the entry fee, to the member's choice exhibition held each year in the NPCC Gallery
- purchase supplies at a discount as arranged by the group or upon presentation of your membership card to local suppliers
- receive regular email updates on member activities
Our current schedule of classes is available at www.etobicokeartgroup.com
EAG Membership is open to everyone upon payment of an annual membership in Neilson Park Creative Centre and payment of EAG’s annual fee. (No membership fee is required for students under 18 years of age).
Membership fees for EAG are paid to NPCC along with the Centre’s fees while class fees are paid directly to EAG.
The EAG membership year is September 1st to August 31st annually.