The members of the Etobicoke Rugcrafters aim to practise, promote and teach the techniques of traditional rughooking in a congenial group setting.
We welcome all new members who will enjoy the benefits of being a branch of the Ontario Hooking Craft Guild.
- Borrow rughooking books and magazines from the ER library
- Make use of ER wool cutters in all sizes
- Hooking materials for sale to members
- Arrange trips to rughooking events
- Sponsor workshops taught by accredited instructors from Ontario Hooking Craft Guild
- Knowledge exchange and sharing of experiences; help for beginners
- Mini-workshops/Playdays held throughout the year during meetings
- Opportunity to display your work in the annual gallery show at NPCC
During regular meetings, members work on projects of choice using various techniques: primitive, colour shading, pictorial, oriental and geometric. New and recycled materials are used to create rugs, cushion tops, wall hangings, chair pads, coasters and other items.
Weekly meetings are held in the bright, air-conditioned Fibre Arts Studio “C” in Neilson Centre.
- 1st, 3rd and 5th (when applicable) Tuesday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday, 7:00 – 9:30 pm
Membership Fee: $30.00 per year plus $110.00 NPCC standard membership fee
Website link: www.etobicokerugcrafters.weebly.com