Call for Entry for Artists for IMPACT 2022
Artists at early, mid, and later points in their career are invited to submit to Neilson Park Creative Centre’s (NPCC) IMPACT 2022, Annual Juried Exhibition.
IMPACT is NPCC’s most anticipated show that fosters creativity in the artistic community. IMPACT 2022 aims to bring together artists practicing in diverse media and approaches, both traditional and contemporary, while showcasing artwork of the highest standard.
IMPACT 2022 will be exhibited in the galleries at Neilson Park Creative Centre.
July 19 to August 5, 2022
Art Space Connect and Parkview Galleries at Neilson Park Creative Centre
Due Date for Call for Entry:
Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Artist notification emailed on:
Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Delivery to NPCC of Accepted Artworks:
Wednesday, July 13, 9 am to 4:30 pm,
Thursday, July 14, 9 am to 9:30 pm
and Friday, July 15, 9 am to 4:30 pm
Exhibition Reception and Awards:
Thursday, July 21, 2022, from 7 pm to 9 pm in the Art Space Connect Gallery
Pick up of Accepted Artworks:
Monday, August 9 and Wednesday, August 11 from 9 am to 4:30 pm
Tuesday, August 10 and Thursday, August 11 from 9 am to 9:30 pm
First Place: $300
Second Place: $200
Third Place: $100
Two Honourable Mentions: $75 each
Azadeh Pirazimian is an Iranian-Canadian multidisciplinary artist, art instructor based in Toronto and a former lecturer from Iran.
Through her practice, she actively investigates prevailing power structures, social norms and conventions while focusing on belonging, womanhood and everyday resistances. Her interests are a matter of representation, collaboration as practice, feminist politics and intersectionality. She aims to initiate methods within her art practice to create space for dialogue. Azadeh’s artistic approach combines different disciplines, including photography, video, performance art, painting and illustration, while her methodology is consistent.
Over the years, her works have been showcased at several exhibitions in Iran, Canada and the Netherlands. In her most current body of works, “I have Become Red” she offers a critical view of a socio-political and cultural issue over “Being Silenced” either by one’s self or society.
- All submitted artworks will be juried.
- Decisions will be made on the digital images submitted by the artist.
- The juror’s decision is final.
- Accepted artists will be notified by email by June 15, 2022.
- NPCC reserves the right to use submitted images for publicity purposes.
- Each artist may submit up to two artworks in any medium.
- Submissions are complete after the application form, payment and images are received.
- Digital images submitted for jurying must be in a .jpg format. Colour mode must be RGB or SRGB (not CMYK). Images should be labelled as follows: LastName_FirstName_ArtworkTitle.
- Artworks must be original, created within the last two years and not displayed previously in the galleries at NPCC.
- All submitted 2-D artwork must not exceed 50 pounds.
- Framed artworks must have frames with rings or screw eyes on both sides at the back and be wired and ready to be hung (refer to artwork preparation).
- Wire should be placed no lower than 6 inches from the top and must be 3 inches below the top of the frame.
- Wire should be appropriate for weight of the artwork. Large artwork should be wired with triple strand wire.
- Please wrap sharp edges of wiring with tape.
- Fibre Art/Textiles should be submitted with proper display equipment. It can be hung with a pocket/sleeve sewn to the top back with a rod or dowel to extend one inch either side of the artwork.
- Video entries should be submitted in MP4 format, uploaded into a google drive and link of the video should be provided in the body of an email.
- Video entries must have their own presentation devices, screens and installation notes. Artists may be asked to be available to help with installation.
- Artists submitting installation artwork must provide their own hanging devices, installation notes and may be asked to be available to help with installation.
- Each 2-D artwork must have two temporary NPCC labels attached to it listing the artist’s name, phone number, title of artwork, medium and price taped to the back. Each 3-D artwork must have one temporary NPCC label attached to it.
- Artist statements are requested.
Sale of Art
- Sales of artwork are processed by NPCC. Artists will be notified by email when artwork is sold.
- NPCC will arrange for the purchaser to pick up the artwork.
- Cheques for artwork sales will be issued and mailed to the artist within 30 days after the show closes, less 15% commission to NPCC.
- HST is applicable on all sales. HST will be remitted to all artists on submission of their HST registration number, otherwise HST will be reported and remitted by NPCC.
Please note entry fees are non-refundable.
How to Submit Your Artwork for Jurying
- Complete the application form below
- Payment online below
At the Centre
- Print the application form here, email or drop off at the centre
- Email images to email@example.com
- Payment by credit, debit, cheque or cash
For any questions or assistance please email Cory at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Entry Form
To complete your entry form for IMPACT 2022, please make your payment. Please note entry fees are non-refundable
For more information or questions, please email Cory at email@example.com